Monday, September 27, 2010

Choose Unity....

It seems like there are so many things that break communities apart: lies, divorce, breakups, backstabbing, picking sides, jealousy, bad communication, and the list goes on and on....and on....and...well you get the picture.

You see the thing is that so often, we all choose to live out one of these things that divides and breaks communities.  I know for me, I often jump to choosing one of these things because it makes me feel better about myself.  I think that in some way by making the other person lesser, I have just made myself better. By beating down someone, I am the better person....right?

I think it is pretty obvious that this is not how it should work...but then how?

For me, I believe that we are all created to live within community with everyone, not just the ones we like, but everyone.  Through this we learn a lot about ourselves, other people, life, love, God and so much more.  It is through us working through the struggles that we learn, that we grow, that we learn to love.

For too long communities have been full of people choosing to divide and making the whole community suffer...I say CHOOSE UNITY!  If we are ever to look like the Body of Christ and live out God's Kingdom here on earth we must all CHOOSE UNITY!  We must be willing to choose love over success, love over fame, love over self, love over personal glory.  We must CHOOSE UNITY!!  To do this, we must choose love, an unselfish love which was shown perfectly in Christ!


"The way God designed our bodies is a model for understanding our lives together as a church: every part dependent on every other part, the parts we mention and the parts we don't, the parts we see and the parts we don't. If one part hurts, every other part is involved in the hurt, and in the healing. If one part flourishes, every other part enters into the exuberance.  You are Christ's body—that's who you are! You must never forget this." -1 Corinthians 12:25-27 Message

So today, this week, for the rest of your life....CHOOSE UNITY, choose to love first.  Choose to deal with the hard stuff and grow through it, not despite it.  Through CHOOSING UNITY, I believe the church will start to heal, and when the church starts to heal, the world will start to be healed by the church...and then we will see what it really looks like to see LOVE REDEEM!!!

This will be far from easy, and it will take time, effort, pain, and tears, but it is worth it!  So today I CHOOSE UNITY!!!! WHAT DO YOU CHOOSE?

1 comment: