Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gungor's New CD...Ghosts Upon the Earth

Music is an amazing medium to communicate and connect to people.  It brings up feeling and emotion, joy and pain, memories and new ideas; music, good music, moves people.

Often times I find a song that I fall in love with and stay stuck on it for a day or two, and then I find another.  I really love it when the words and musicality work in perfect harmony, which doesn't always happen.

Well, I have been follow this band GUNGOR, whose music has a great combination of words and musicality; songs like Beautiful Things, People of God, and Cannot Keep You.

A little over a week ago, they released their newest CD: GHOSTS UPON THE EARTH.  I have to say I love this CD in its entirety.  I cannot stop listening to it all the way through, and then back again.  I have a couple other CDs I just bought, but I keep listening to this one.

I think that there are several factors that make this CD so amazing, inspiring, and moving.
LYRICS: This might be the most theologically sound, deep, and challenging CD in its entirety.  The flow of God's overarching story throughout is simply genius.
MUSIC: The words and musicality are like a beautiful dance throughout. There is this deep moving rhythm throughout the CD, and at points you notice it missing and then it is back better than ever (I can't really explain it better than that, you just need to get this CD.)

This is one of my favorite CDs I have ever purchased and I have a lot of music.  I highly recommend this for everyone; those in ministry, those in the church, and even those curious about faith.  I will leave you with the thought for the title, Ghosts Upon the Earth:

It is as if we always think about the spiritual as the ghostly and unreal, and that we are the real; but perhaps God and the spiritual are the real, and we are the ghosts upon the earth striving to be connected to realness...

No comments:

Post a Comment